Monday, February 12, 2007

Our Artist


Here it is a Monday and I am alittle blue. Gracie is growing up too fast! Is there any way to make it stop?! I know there are so many of my friends and family in the same situation with our little ones...but I am not liking it one bit. A few things have started this feeling. One is this great picture Gracie drew on her easel (thank you Auntie Carleena -- she loves it!!). But, where are the non-descript scribbles or pictures where you guess "is that a tree?" and they say "no Mommy, it's a picuture of you!? I mean...isn't it all over when you kids start drawing people with clothes, earrings, eye lashes and bangs and you can tell that is what it is? Plus, I have been preparing and planning for Gracie to start kindergarten in the fall. Registration is next month~ and all I know is that one day Aaron started kindergarten and then next day he graduated. It seriosly went by that fast. Finally -- I spelled the word " M O V I E" recently in front of Gracie as we were discussing a visit to the theater, but it was not for sure.....and she was like "are you talking about going to a MOVIE"?. So much for spelling -- I guess we need to start speaking in code. Anyways...I'll be okay. I am just pouting cuz I can.

3 comments:

Carlie,Kris,Aaron,Gracie said...

Wash you mouth out!! HA. I actually haven't gotten to hold Kameron yet!! He needed to be in the heat lamp at the hospital and then in his little light bed at his house so I am 0 for 2. We called them yesterday to see if we could stop by, but they were out seeing you (I am jealous!!) :) Carlie and I have talked and talked about it tons...but it will just be our Gracie. I just remind myself how lucky I am to have two wonderful healthy children. Really can't ask for better than that. See you on Saturday!

Katie said...

what an artist ! we love it.

kd

Presca Lynn said...

Pout away. I am already saying how fast Alexandra is growing!!

Tell Gracie that I love her beautiful picture!

-Presca