Monday, October 15, 2007

"he knows when you've been bad or good"

I have been meaning to jot down this Gracie story from last week and just now getting the chance.

One night last week Carlie, me and Gracie were watching T.V. and Miss Gracie was laying across our laps. She kept flinging her legs around and we had asked her at least 3 times to please stop doing that. Well on about the 4th "fling" her heel went right into my thigh. OUCH! That was it...off our laps she went. Of course that was the "end of the world" for her and she had to go to her room. It was about bed time anyways, so once she had realized "her bad" she went night-night. The next morning we were driving to day care and out of the blue she says "well, I guess I'm not getting any presents". I was like "what"? She repeated herself and I said "bug, what are you talking about". She said "you know....because of last night. I was naughty and now Santa is not going to bring me any presents". Too funny!! Cracked me up since we have not had any recent conversations about Christmas or Santa. Plus she was just so matter of fact about -- not really upset at all. I did tell her that Santa is very forgiving and the key is to not just say "sorry" but mean it and not behave that way anymore. Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts!!

Kids are seriously so fantastic..aren't they??!!

3 comments:

Carleena said...

Too funny - - It is amazing how they think! She most likely worried about it all night.

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would tell you that Bob told Karen and I about this story today!! I had sent him the blogs and now I know he reads them..He thought this was a great story..We were sitting in our Christmas room with Kaitlyn and Karen thinking it's getting time to start getting the room ready!!!
I didn't tell him I had already read it!!
Carla

Carlie,Kris,Aaron,Gracie said...

Cool....now Bob is addicted too. Love it. The story still cracks me up!