Thursday, November 16, 2006

"the Boy"


So have I mentioned lately how proud we are of Aaron? I have not been able to talk to him as much lately due to several factors, so now when I get a call I am extra excited. He called me yesterday and in talking he mentioned that he is again going to be studying quite a bit. Appearently he has obtained all of the materials, books etc. to begin studying to become a Staff Sargent. This is a big deal especially for his age and his current ranking. Aaron is currently an "E3" Airman 1st Class. In February he will an "E4" which is a Senior Airman. A bit more $$ but not much. If he passes the testing for the Staff Sargent ranking, it would be even more $$, but more importantly he would be one of the youngest Staff Sargents. What impresses me is that he is doing this all on his own. We don't know what the future holds for Aaron or if the Air Force will be his forever career, but he is sure taking steps to do so. I guess it is about time for us to stop calling him "the boy". Okay, maybe not...HA! We love you Aaron - miss you and are so proud of you!!!
Side note: He is still scheduled to be in South Dakota as of January, but we don't have a specific date yet.

1 comment:

Carlie,Kris,Aaron,Gracie said...

Thanks - I'll take the hug. Holidays are hard but everyday is hard I think. I used to wonder when I was younger why my mom would cry when we would leave from a visit. Now I get it. No matter how old our kids get, they are still our babies. I sure do miss him. I won't do another big party next time he is home, but we will be sure to visit everyone. Hopefully not too long after he gets back to the states. Thanks again for the kind words.
See you @ the Santa party!