Monday, June 25, 2007

Lifetime friends are priceless

When I was born my parents lived next to the Axtel family. They had a little girl; Shelly that was just 6 months younger than my sister Kelly ~ so about 2 years old when I was born. We have literally known each other our entire lives. Both our mom's divorced our dads, my mom moved to Coeur d'Alene when I was still small and they stayed in Lewiston, Idaho (about 2 hours from Cd'A). Although our mom's re-married, we all kept in touch. As Shelly and I got older, I would get to spend some spring breaks and alot of time in the summer's with her in Lewiston. We had great times together all these years and although we have always lived apart, we have remained close friends. Now of course we both have kids. She moved in May from Pocatello, Idaho to Bothell so now we are neighbors (okay...a good hour and half away, but we'll take it)! Gracie spent the weekend with her daughter, Marisa who is 7. We are really excited for our girls to grow up together as we did. Her mom Betty was here this week as well and we surprised her by showing up on Friday night for dinner. I had not seen her since our wedding 8 years ago (she made our cake). I was so great to see her. Shelly ~ thanks for having Gracie this weekend - she had a great time!!


Gracie and Marisa
Gracie, Jarica and Marisa
Shelly, Aunt Betty and Me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend like this. She is in texas..We grew up together and still keep in contact.
I flew to see her when we turned 50 and she came here two years ago.
I love her with all my heart. I tell her those Secrets I was telling you about..LOL
I'm glad you have that closeness with a special friend..
love you all,
Carla

Katie said...

that is so awesome...i love your smile too kris, life looks good on you:)

Carlie,Kris,Aaron,Gracie said...

Carla ~ her friendship means the world to me. You would think that my sister and her would be friends since they were closer in age, but for some reason Shelly and I always clicked. Yesterday when we picked up Gracie, her daughter said "my mom says you guys are sisters". I loved that!! I am glad that you have a friend like that too.

Katie ~ You are tooooo sweet. I must admit that seeing my friends washed away all my Friday troubles!! When will I get to see your smilin' face??!!

Heather said...

That is great...gotta love those lifelong long-term friends!!