Thursday, September 20, 2007

"Happy is Good......."

......was the theme to the 2007 Puyallup Fair. Played hookey on Wed. and hit the fair. The weather held out for us and we had a great day. Gracie again proves to us that she has no fear when it comes to the rides. SHE LOVES 'EM. Another couple of inches and the amount of rides she will get to go on will increase. We did make it to Sillyville at the end of the day, but really those rides just don't cut if for her (except for the Bear ride and the Rollercoaster). Obviously she did not get that from me!! Enjoyed spending time with Carl, Deb, Carleena, Kayla and Cara too. Kayla, you were such a great help with Gracie...thank you (surprise, surprise...Gracie can be a bit whiny and impatient...HA!!). Plus, towards the end we got to spend a bit of time with Kevin, Nadine, Maddy and Kameron too! The fair reminds us that fall is upon us and it was truly a great way to get it started.
XXOO

Here are some pictures:

Gracie in her cowgirl hat. With those freckles, it is a perfect "fit".



Yup, that is Debbie on the EXTREME SCREAM. Kayla, Debbie, Cara and Carlie braved the ride and I think they all had fun. Although I believe my mother in law said something the effect of "NEVER AGAIN". She was a trooper though!


Love this picture of the girls before they went on the Materhorn. Cara, Gracie, Kayla

Carl and Carlie playing games. Love this picture too. Unfortunately they came out empty handed on this one.

Maddy and Gracie on the Bear ride that goes round and round. I think this is Gracie's favorite. You can't see him but Kevin is in there doing the steering.

8 comments:

nadinehayes said...

Great pictures. Love the one before the Matterhorn! We had a great time with you guys.

Carlie,Kris,Aaron,Gracie said...

Thanks! Fun times! Hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your time there. (Still full from the yummy food???). HA!

nadinehayes said...

We did enjoy our time there. Didn't leave until 7:30. I'll post my pics soon. Did you ever get your ice cream bar?

Anonymous said...

I have been checking for some new pictures ..I knew either you or Carleena would come threw.. So far you win..I haven't check Carleena's blog yet.. I heard you guys had a great time..I also heard that Gracie is the little girl with more guts than any of them.. I hear Grandma got a little scared on one of those fun rides!!
I also heard she ate more than all of you!! Doesn't it just tick you off that someone her size gets to eat like she does!! But she also works it all off..
Now I'm sorry I didn't go..sounds like I did miss a great time..
Carla

Katie said...

Oh man! Those are some great pictures - what a freaking fabulous day! Tell Gracie we all think she is so BRAVE!

much love xoxoxoxoxo

Carleena said...

I believe my mom's exact words were "Stupid Grandma".. Okay that was a great laugh. Cara was very brave... I am even scared of that Extreme ride! - Fun Day Thanks for taking the great pictures.

Katie said...

Everytime I see that picture of Gracie I think to myself you should get that framed. It's so adorable and perfect. Have a great day!

Carlie,Kris,Aaron,Gracie said...

She is a cutie - putootie, isn't she?? :) THANKS!!!